Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thing 5: List making and note taking

Here are some note taking/organization apps I played around with for Thing 5!

Springpad
Springpad struck me as a Pinterest-type app.  On Springpad you can create different "notebooks" where you can import recipes, books, movies, lists... anything you want to keep track of.  It has a bunch of neat notebooks like wine lists and "products"--where you can scan barcodes of items and add them to the same book.  I think that feature would especially be useful, since it enhances the mobility of the app.  If you're in a store and want to scan a bunch of things at Target that you might get your friend for their birthday, it could be an easy, mobile, and visual way to remember what your ideas were.  Since I already have Goodreads for my book collection and Pinterest for my recipes and inspirations, I think the highlight of the Springpad app for me would be the mobility.  We'll have to see if this app ever comes in handy!

Carrot
I thought I would contribute a to-do-list app that wasn't included on the Thing 5 List for fun: Carrot.  It's a to-do list with attitude.  If you don't finish your tasks, it get's angry.  It's also sort of a game.  The more tasks you get done, the happier the Carrot App is, and you can level up and earn rewards. I think this app is only for Apple products (I've seen it on my friend's devices), but it's pretty funny to play around with.  For people who want to have some fun and get motivated at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment