Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 15: Audio

For my LAST Thing, I explored the audio app AudioBoo!  The app allows you to record and share clips as long as three minutes.  It's sort of the social media of the audio world.   Just by browsing through some "boos" as the clips are called, it seems like a lot of radio shows take advantage of this app.  I could see libraries doing little segments on special collections or events going on in the library, but I think in general visual displays are better.  I can't really see library patrons sitting down and listening to audio clips, but that's just me.

Another thought: Could this app help the visually impaired community?  It would be interesting to see the implementation of audio apps for the blind, or for those whose eyesight might not be the strongest.

No comments:

Post a Comment