Monday, June 9, 2014

Thing 17: Connecting to Community

This Thing is all about Minnesota apps.  I didn't have much luck with this Thing, to be honest.  First I tried out an app called "MN WF Lite," which was supposedly some sort of Wildflower Identification app.  Basically the "Lite" meant, "Shows you a dictionary of 20 flowers unless you decide to pay the $4.99."  No thanks!

The next app I tried was the Explore MN app.  I was actually pretty excited for this app, since I love discovering new places and things to do.  This app also disappointed, as you can see from the low ratings and negative reviews.  The app basically doesn't work.  I couldn't get past this screen, even after waiting several minutes:


The last app I tried was quaint, but useful.  It was called the "Best of Superior Hiking Trail."  It is really simple--just showing maps, distances, locations, and points of interest on the 11 hikes on the North Shore.  It would be a handy little app to have on a camping trip "up north" though!


This app would be great to include in any sort of summer camping/Minnesota outdoor display in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment