Friday, June 13, 2014

THING 23!!

Hey, I made it!  This last thing is sort of meta: just evaluating the 23 Mobile Things MN project itself. 

I was pleasantly surprised by this project.  I think I went into this project thinking that most librarians are either not tech savvy, or like to jump on every tech bandwagon that comes along to try and prove that they are tech savvy.  Most of the Things in this project, however, seemed to be normal, useful, and inspiring.

The wonderful part about this project is that it gets you thinking.  Not only are you exploring fun video-making apps for you to send to your friends in your spare time, you're also discovering ways to better serve your patrons.  Some Things inspired me to look farther than the Thing required--like exploring the differences between a mobile site and app when looking at Thing 11. 

I particularly enjoyed the  movie making and presentation apps and hope to utilize those in the future.

This project inspired me, and I learned a lot from it.  I'm really glad I participated, and can't wait to see what the next 23 MN Things activity will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment