Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 15: Infographics

I was disappointed to find out that there were no infographic creator apps for Android, as I was really looking forward to playing with some of those tools.  But, truth be told, if I were to create an infographic, it probably wouldn't be on my phone--it would be too much of a hassle.  I would probably use websites like Piktochart or infogr.am.

I was doubly disappointed to find out that I could not even download Infographics Hub... am I missing something?  I couldn't find that app anywhere.

I did download an app called Energy Infographics, which stated that it would display "the latest Energy Infographics for the United States."  When I opened one in the app, I saw:


Blah!  Gross!  Okay, first of all, 2009?  That's the "latest?"  Secondly: That is a pie chart.  A boring, early 2000's pie chart.  That's not an infographic.

I think for now, since I don't own a tablet, I'll do any infographic designing on my desktop computer.  I think solid infographic apps aren't quite there, yet (at least for Android).

No comments:

Post a Comment